Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I Chase the Bright Elusive Butterfly of Sleep

I guess this title is a little out of date. You see, I was going to write about how I couldn't sleep either Sunday or Monday night. But due to that fact, I was really too tired to make a post about it, especially yesterday evening. And having exhausted myself for two nights straight, I actually slept pretty well last night. And this after I'd thought up a nice post to make about sleeplessness and that metaphor from the commercial for some sleep aid pill where elusive sleep is represented by a butterfly. Oh well.

So why couldn't I sleep? I dunno. I figure it could be any number of things. The weather has suddenly become very hot and sudden changes in the weather tend to affect me adversely. We haven't moved our air conditioner down yet either and the fan we do have can be a bit noisy. I was also nervous about a couple of things Sunday night, though that wasn't really the case on Monday. Sometimes it's just that my brain refuses to shut up, even though it's run out of intelligent things to say.

Anyways, I'm feeling a lot better today, despite a brand new cause of stress rearing its ugly head last night and continuing into this morning. Its not something I think I should discuss here. What you think should and shouldn't go on your own blogs is your own business and I'm not about to tell you you're wrong. But my personal feeling is that this is not a diary and I can't just assume it's only being read by a few friends (even if that's probably the case). And no matter who's reading my blog, I feel it's generally best not to put feelings I'm having in the middle of a dispute out in the open where everyone can see them and they'll remain for the foreseeable future. However, I did hand write a rather lengthy synopsis of the issue in question in my sketchbook just for my own use. I've found that writing out all my thoughts on something can be rather therapeutic and I may actually have need of them sometime in the future. I'd also be fine discussing the issue privately if anyone is curious or concerned (though trust me, it's not that big a deal). I just don't want the whole thing roaming around the wilds of the internet.

1 comment:

trekker9er said...

"Sometimes it's just that my brain refuses to shut up, even though it's run out of intelligent things to say."

Lol, what a great way to put it! I've been there too. Sometimes I've found music or tv helps drown out the mental gibberish and lets me get to sleep. In case you ever hit the problem again in the future.