Friday, June 03, 2005

Getting Back on Track

Sorry about the lack of posts as of late, but I have actually been somewhat busy. The Atomic Underpants Robot Contest, which Andrew was running, came to an end on Tuesday. And as the one of us who has a better understanding of HTML and GoLive, I was charged with putting the site together. It ain't perfect by any means, but I did manage to get everything up a day after the contest ended, which was pretty good. We're keeping it open to submissions, but without the deadline or the prize. So if you or anyone you know would like to do a one-page comic about robots, here's your chance.

The "Gargoyles" layout drawing I purchased came in the mail a few days ago. Based on what someone online told me and the size of it now that I have it in hand, it is definitely a layout drawing and not a storyboard. Storyboards are much smaller and "Gargoyles" apparently used the format where the boards were drawn on xeroxed templates. It looks really nice, though these is a crease down the middle. Art for features tends to get archived or at least treated very well these days, but I imagine no one realized that TV show layout drawings would ever be sold to rabid fans someday. The cel is not here yet' it was sent back to studio for repairs on the linework, which I was told would be necessary. The people at Van Eaton Galleries seem really nice; I almost wish I could buy things from them more often.

I've got a few more random things I want to talk about, but I think I'll save them for future posts. Stay tuned.

No comments: