Monday, July 04, 2005

Independence Update

Whoops, sort of slacked off on updating this thing for a while there. Chalk it up to momentary peaks of busy interspersed between the usual valleys of lazy.

I guess the big news of late is my new computer. For a variety of reasons (not least of which was wanting to play World of Warcraft with my sister), I decided I needed my own computer. So I got a little Mac Mini, the desktop computer that's slightly larger than a CD case in length and width and just two inches high. It's about as powerful as the older computer (now completely Andrew's) with a few new bells and whistles. I bought it a few accessories and it's been running pretty well despite a brief hiccup due to the mouse's software and a keyboard that will likely need replacing. Of course, my sister's computer is currently out of commission, but at least I can get my new World of Warcraft character caught up to hers.

As it's the Fourth, I should wish a happy birthday to my dad. I called him with my well wishes earlier today and the present I want to give him should be arriving sometime this week.

We're getting into the final countdown for the San Diego Comic Con. It's our first year going, so we're excited and a tad overwhelmed. The full schedule just went up and there's tons of stuff I want to see, some of which overlaps. It's going to be really hard choosing between the Teen Titans Q&A and voice actor script reading and the Slave Labor Panel with Greg Weisman discussing the new Gargoyles comic. And that's not even factoring in all the other stuff I want to see and shop for.

I'll try to get back to more frequent blogging soon, but I make no guarantees until after my vacation.

2 comments:

Angry Android said...

Things to do for your computer:
-Get new keyboard
-Download that screen capture program
-Get stereo male-male cable for monitor
-Replace VGA cable with DVI cable
-Install Adobe CS in computer
-Buy & install Macromedia Flash

Things to do in San Diego
-Attend panels you want to see (if you have to cut out early to see another, so be it)
-Check out convention floor & buy tons of fun stuff
-See S.C.A.D. students & alumni & eat @ Dick's Last Resort
-Drink a lot at parties & end up having Grant Morrison knocking on your door
-Develop nice SoCal tan
-Take lots of pictures & post them in your blog

Good luck & enjoy the trip.

Sara said...

Those are all very good suggestions expect for the tanning one. I can't tan. I just burn. But I'll look into Dick's Last Resort, as we're gonna be doing a lot of eating out.