Sunday, July 31, 2005

So Long and Thanks for the Cold

I'm trying to get back up to speed with the blog, so I should probably mention the most major event of the past week or so. Our friends Les and Jon have taken off on their big move out to the west coast. Needless to say, my feelings on the matter are mixed. I do think the move is a good idea for various reasons, so I'm happy for them on one level. But it is pretty tough to have friends go from being people you see at least once a week to people you only see when you have time to make the trek across the country. I've never been all that adept socially and though I have improved over the years, it's still not easy for me to meet new people. So having friends leave tends to be a pretty big deal. On the plus side, they're going to be living pretty close to where my sister lives now, so I can get a lot of visiting out of one trip. Still I imagine these next couple of weeks will be an adjustment period.

One lingering reminder of the guys is the cold which they passed along to me while we helped them pack up the moving van. It's a pretty nasty affair with a lot of congestion and soreness and coughing. I've spent the past few days on Nyquil, Dayquil, generic Robutussin, throat drops, orange juice containing massive amounts of vitamin C, and ice cream. The latter two were inherited from Jon's fridge and have been rather helpful. Les and Jon are apparently still suffering the effects of the cold, which I hope is due to them being on the road and not to the normal duration of this particular illness.

If you're curious, Jon is documenting the roadtrip on his blog, which you can get to through my link over on the right.

2 comments:

trekker9er said...

Feel better soon!

Sorry to hear your friends are moving. At least we live in the computer/information age, where you can still keep someone in each other's lives, instead of losing most all contact.

Angry Android said...

You mean my disease didn't wipe out the East Coast? Damn, I gotta try harder on my next batch of Captain Trips...

Get out more often & meet other people, Sara. That means ditching your boyfriend for a day & doing crap on your own every now & then. Who knows? You may find other people.