Friday, May 27, 2005

But It's So Pretty!

Okay, so I bought something today. Two somethings. And they're not exactly inexpensive either. But this was one of those rare opportunities that doesn't come around all that often. And I think I'd be kicking myself if I hadn't taken it.

I bought this:




Also this:




Now really, how often am I going to have the chance to buy original artwork from "Gargoyles", my very favorite animated TV show? Not many, I'd say. There were quite a few other cels and drawings to choose from and it was not an easy decision. (To my very slight credit, these are nowhere near the most expensive they had.) What I like about this cel is that it's a multi character composition and they're all on model, but it's not too perfect like a sericel. (Sericels are those limited edition cels depicting popular scenes from movies and TV shows or sometimes simply groups of characters. Production cels are the real deal; cels that were actually used in the animation process.) It also shows them breaking out of stone, which is something unique to this show and its characters. The drawing (which is either a storyboard or a layout drawing, I'm not sure yet) may not be a perfect match to the cel, but it's definitely the same scene. And I really love Angela turning and smiling at Bronx, even if it's not in the final scene.

So now I own artwork from "Gargoyles" and all that's left is to atone for having spent the money. I have promised myself and Andrew to lay off the big ticket purchases. But I should probably think about selling some stuff as well. Or maybe I could fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some awesome looking cels! Congrats! ^_^