Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Gray Days

I know, complaining about the weather is pretty pointless, as there's very little you can do about it. Yet, here we are. If you happen to live in Massachusetts (and most of the people I know to be reading this do), you know that the weather has just been really lousy lately. It's cold, it's gray, it's wet, and it's not going away. The odd thing is that I often like rain, though not necessarily being in it. I especially like thunderstorms (part of the inspiration for my blog's title). But this is just several days of thick clouds and little showers here and there. Nothing really dramatic; just kind of depressing. The kind of weather where you'd rather just stay in bed in the morning because anything you have to do seems pointless and too hard. (I skipped the gym today, on Andrew's suggestion. Probably going tomorrow.)

So what did we do on our dreary Wednesday? After work, Andrew picked me up and we went to get comics. Later on, we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, which just opened near us. I am slightly addicted to cheesecake, so going to a place with possibly the world's widest selection of cheesecakes is somewhat dangerous. We both had sandwiches and each took half home. I finally settled on a slice of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake (I think that's the order it went in) which was the longest name on the menu and extremely tasty. The prices weren't too bad either, so we had a good time.

Oh, and we watched some of the commentary on the Batman DVD last night. Fun stuff, as usual. The commentary for "Read My Lips" included Michael Reaves, one of my favorite TV writers who's been all over television animation, including "Gargoyles". Oftentimes, Andrew and I get into a minor dispute because he like going straight to the commentary track for TV shows we've seen before and I like to watch them straight first to refresh my memory. But I saw these Batman episodes so many times they're pretty much ingrained in my head, so I didn't object to watching the commentary right away,

The march of DVDs continues. It looks like "Danger Mouse: Seasons 1 and 2" is coming out next week. How am I going to watch all these DVDs? Where will I put them? Is this really a problem I should be complaining about? Probably not.

No comments: